Pages

Sunday 12 February 2012

Brighton swapping and borrowing someone's baby

So a few bloggers have posted about the Brighton de stash meet-up, but me being me, I've taken a wee while to write up my post.

It was a really fab day, and I met some lovely bloggers and soon-to-be bloggers. But I won't go into mega details as it has been so well covered elsewhere.  So instead I'll just get straight to the important bit, the items I received in the swap:


From left to right, a red muslin fabric (great for lining), awesome retro vintage cotton (cushion cover methinks), green and white heavy weight cotton (definitely going to become a bag) and tonnes of lush grey silk (Colette Truffle dress maybe).  Oh and an ace vintage dress pattern too!

The idea of a stash swap was a really great one, as we all went home with new-to-us fabric and patterns, and had given away things that we no longer needed or wanted but that others were really keen to have.  Karma was topped up and we didn't spend any money!!

I also ended up with something else as a result of the meet-up.  The generous loan of someones precious baby.......well not their actual baby, but their overlocker!!!

At the meet-up I mentioned how I'd like to try sewing with knits, and am keen to buy an overlocker, to sew knits, and to finish seams.  Anyway Zoe, kindly offered to end me her overlocker for a few weeks, so I could get to grips with one, and hopefully make a few things.  So earlier today she popped round to mine, overlocker in hand and gave me a crash course on how to use it.

Isn't she pretty.  Don't worry Zo, I will treat her well I promise.

Isn't the sewing community generous! 

3 comments:

  1. Yes, that is a very good-looking overlocker. Such a retro vibe. Good luck! How very kind of Zoe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I'm really chuffed. Must be productive and make the most of it.

      Delete
  2. How lovely!!! Can't wait to hear how you get on!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, I'd love to hear from you

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...