Apparently I have to reveal 7 things that you may not already know about me, so here goes:
- I work in finance but am rubbish at mental arithmetic. Don’t get me wrong I am very good with numbers and maths in general, but I never learnt the times tables at school and calculators were all the rage so I never picked up the skill of counting (or multiplying) in my head.
- The only form of exercise I take is hoop dancing. If you don’t know what this is check out this youtube clip for more info [BTW I am nowhere near as good as that]. I hate exercise and am not a believer in “no gain without pain” so avoid the pain as much as possible! Hooping is so much fun, although I do get weird looks in the street / on the bus when I have my hoop with me.
- I have a fear of going to the corner shop. This isn’t a specific corner shop, it’s all local newsagents. It all stems from a time when I was young when my mum let me go to the corner shop on my own A big dog was outside, who barked at me very loudly and chased me for a bit back down the road as I fled in fear. Actually my mum may have been there too, my memory is a bit hazy, but the fear was real and even now would rather starve [read: go without chocolate] than go to the shop by myself.
- I have an oversensitive sense of smell (and I think maybe hearing too). I am learning this as I seem to smell & hear things which other people can’t.
- I enjoy reading comic books and graphic novels. It’s an expensive hobby (graphic novels are pricey) which I haven’t been indulging in much recently. My particular favourite is anything involving the X-men, the Fables Series and I really enjoyed Persepolis.
- I studied Psychology at University and love social psychology (mainly group/social behaviour) in particular. I’m also 2nd author on a paper which was published in the journal Social Cognition titled “Beyond secondary emotions: The infrahumanization of outgroups using human-related and animal-related words”. I don’t get to boast about this much as infrahumanization is not exactly an easy word to drop into conversation!
- I love cake. Baking it and eating it. Cake is basically the best thing ever. Whoever first thought, “lets mix flour, eggs, butter and sugar together into a splodgy mess then heat it up and see what happens” was the most amazing persion in the world! I think maybe it stems from being Engish, as there is nothing better on a cold, wet and wintery English day than a cuppa and big piece of cake!
|Proof that my love affair with cake started at an early age|
Right that’s my seven things. I’m off to find some cake now. Oh yes and I need to nominate 7 people to pass this award onto. Well my nominations are quite tricky, as a lot of peeps whose blogs I admire have just got this award (or sent it to me). So rather than pass on the 7 things aspect, I’m just passing on the award as I like your blog (although you can do the 7 things list if you want). Also apologies if you have already got this award, but it's getting passed around faster than head lice at a primary school (but in a good way)!!!
Marie of A sewing odyssey
Natalia of 52 things to make and do
Zoe of So Zo…
Jane of Handmade Jane
Kate of M is for Make
Alana of Lazy Stitching