Pages

Friday 5 August 2011

Project planning overload! And I won something awesome!!

Ok ok so I have been very very slack with the sewing of garments recently.  My weekends have been quite busy, or really sunny, so I haven’t even finished cutting out my Beignet yet.

But I suddenly have all this inspiration plus reasons to sew.  I already wanted to finish my Beignet and the guilt of yet another UFO is too much to bear.  I must get cracking on it.

I also have two gifts to sew by the end of the month.  I have chosen Made by Rae’s buttercup bag for one, and this cute clutch pattern by Keyka Lou for the other.  I’ve made a buttercup before for my sister (sorry no pics) and the clutch looks straightforward, so that’ll be fairly easy. 

But I have just booked a last minute holiday in Corfu and I really really want to sew a dress that I can wear on my hols.  I love Scruffy Badger's dress here.  I would love to make something similar, but don’t think I have time to make a button front dress.  I do however have this pattern: New Look 6457.
And looking on Sew Weekly the other day I saw this awesome dress from Modcloth on Mena's “make this look” feature.  Which just happens to use this very pattern!
Source
I’d like to make it out of gingham or maybe with a polka dot and the white trim, like the modcloth version.

Lastly, the super lovely Ashley from Jellybeans odds and ends had a recent giveaway, which I won!!!   My prize: a Rooibos pattern from Colette Patterns.  Am I chuffed?  Heck yes!

I do need a work dress quite badly and Rooibos fits the bill.  Now that my college course is over I am back at the office 5 days a week, and my work outfit rotation is seriously lacking.  It just so happens that Colette are having a Rooibos sewalong at the mo, which will be great to take part in.

My question is though, what to do first?

Right I need to get updating my sewing schedule……

3 comments:

  1. I love the polka dot dress, so cute! I look forward to seeing your version. Also congratulations for winning Ashley's giveaway :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new look pattern, so pretty :) I would make the holiday dress first, work can wait ;)
    Ashley x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Law,
    Yes, make something for your holiday! The sundress will be lovely & you can feel even more pleased by a. being on holiday whilst we in UK get rained on and b. wearing something you made yourself that maximises summer sunny feelings. I don't think a button front would take too long?
    You can then do the Beignet as part of the Sewalong (or join it when you are ready)

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, I'd love to hear from you

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...